~☆~ SBC Week 5: School Uniforms ~☆~

Hello!

I’m starting a debate… about school uniforms!

*yaaaaaay*

Ok, it’s not going to be that boring. I promise. (._.)

Some schools make students wear uniforms. There’s a lot of cons to making students wear uniforms.

.·:*¨♡¨*:·. .·:*¨♡¨*:·.

I think one reason why I think some schools have uniforms is because of bullying. What I say to that is, if you’re so scared about bullying, then you should do something about bullying. Some kids can’t afford more than one uniform, (which can cost up to $249 dollars for each uniform) and you’ll have to wear it throughout the week. Also, if you’re thinking, “Don’t send your kids to private school if you don’t have enough money to buy more than one uniform!” it happens in public schools too.

.·:*¨♡¨*:·. .·:*¨♡¨*:·.

Uniforms can be uncomfortable! If you look at pictures of school uniforms, they have full on ties, sleeves that can reach all the way to their wrists, and jeans. Would you want to wear that in the hot sun? I think not.

.·:*¨♡¨*:·. .·:*¨♡¨*:·.

Relating to the first point: School uniforms attract bullies! Though schools think making everyone look the same will decrease bullying, it will not. In fact, some studies show that bullying will go up to as much as 12%. Even if you make everyone the same, personalities will still stick out.

.·:*¨♡¨*:·. .·:*¨♡¨*:·.

Uniforms have no personality or creativity! Sure, if you’re afraid someone’s gonna show up in their Superman costume to school armed with small water guns, you can just make a dress code. People need to find happiness somehow in school, and that can be easily achieved by letting students wear what they are happy and comfortable with. (oi. no jeans. please. so uncomfortable. ⊜_⊜)

.·:*¨♡¨*:·. .·:*¨♡¨*:·.

Finally: Uniforms violate the US Constitution! Yes. Yessiree. One amendment of the US Constitution is The Right to Freely Express your Beliefs. By making students wear uniforms, you’re voiding them of the right to express who they are. Don’t you want to wear that unicorn shirt to school to show all of your friends? Do you want to wear that jacket of your favorite football team you got for Christmas? You can’t wear it. That’s expressing what you like, and uniforms exactly prohibit that.

.·:*¨♡¨*:·. .·:*¨♡¨*:·.

In conclusion, uniforms are just making school less enjoyable, way more expensive, violates the US Constitution, and more. I’m glad Hongwanji lets us freely express ourselves. ^-^ What do you think? Should school uniforms be allowed?

Bai~! ♪┏(・o・)┛♪

~A Koi named Skoi ♪┏(・o・)┛♪

Credits:

Listland

Photo Credit: Listland